Tuesday 27 December 2011

Sundried Tomato, Kalamata Olive & Boursin on Puff Pastry

Ok, I have to admit, I cheat a lot here. I don't make the pastry myself. Nor do I make the cheese myself but, if you are interested in making your own garlicy-creamy cheese, it is super simple: just add together cream cheese, fresh finely chopped chives, garlic powder, salt and finely chopped spring onions.



Photo by Saud F. Al-Owaidah

I, however, am freakishly obsessed with Boursin and could eat it with anything.
  • Puff pastry dough
  • 1/2 a small shallot
  • 1 full pack of Boursin
  • 5 pieces of sundried tomato
  • 10 pitted kalamata olives
  1. Puff pastry dough can e quite sticky, so it's a good idea to cover the surface you're working on with flour. Also sprinkle flour over your rolling pin and cookie cutter
  2. With your rolling pin, flatten the dough until it is thin
  3. With the cookie cutter, cut your dough into as many pieces as you can
  4. Finely chop the shallot, sundried tomatoes and olives
  5. Mix your chopped ingredients with the Boursin
  6. With a teaspoon, place the mix on to your dough shape
  7. Bake in the oven at about 200 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden

No comments :

Post a Comment