Thursday 14 June 2012

Cinnamon Brioche French Toast



You will need:
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3/4 of a cup of milk
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
  • 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (or as much as you want really)
  • 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
  • A loaf of brioche (or challah.. any light and fluffy fresh bread)
  • Brown Sugar
  • Butter
1. Add the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup together and stir them well in a large bowl
2. Cut your bread as thick as you'd like
3. Heat up a pan to a medium-high heat and drop in some butter and brown sugar, mix together so they start to caramelise
4. Dip your pieces of bread into the mixture in the bowl (I like to drench mine by squeezing the bread so more of the mixture soaks in) before dropping them in the pan
5. Cook your bread until it is golden on both sides and the inside of your bread isn't gooey or else that means it isn't cooked
6. If you'd like, garnish with fruit and maple syrup!

2 comments :

  1. This was so so so yummy! My whole family adored it. I added a little more maple syrup because that's how we like it. But it was still just perfect!!! This is something I look forawrd to making all the time. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I have always been fascinated with French toast and all the different ways of making it. It is really a very delicious treat that you will keep on craving for, even in catering Fort Lauderdale events (for instance). So, thank you for this recipe. This is something new for me; thus, I am really excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete