- 1/3 a cup of olive oil
- As much fresh basil as you can get your hands on - at least 4 full handfulls
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a cup of roasted pine nuts (fry them in a saucepan or bake them in the oven first)
- 2 onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a cup of fresh parmesan cheese
- Chop the onions and cook them in a saucepan with some olive oil
- Toss all of your ingredients in the blender or food processor and there you go! Fresh pesto!
Well now, this is like... a really complicated and difficult addition. Only for very, very experienced chefs. Juust kidding, all you need to do is add a full tub (by a full tub, I mean about 3/4 of a cup to a cup) of ricotta to your mix and voila!
And on a different note, this song seems to be drilled in my head... and I love it