Tuesday 7 February 2012

Caramel Hazelnut Hot Chocolate

Today Alvaro came over to do another interview for Radio Frontier for the food show, Hot Stuff, and I made him yummy hot chocolate. Aside from the fact that I was pretty sick and had spent most of the day in a dressing gown, looking like garbage, and of course, ended up sounding like a man for the interview, we had a good time.


For two mugs...
You will need:
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1 deciliter (100 ml) of hot chocolate powder
  • 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella
  • Salt
  • Caramel
  • Optional: whipped cream and chocolate


Directions: 

1. In a saucepan, pour in your two cups of milk

 Tip: I am pretty terrible with measurements so I usually fill up the mugs I am going to use to measure the milk. I fill them about 3/4 of the way up with the milk before adding it to the saucepan... yet somehow, I always make too much.

2. Add hot chocolate powder and nutella to the milk
3. Put in a pinch of salt (weird, I know... but sooo good)
4. Stir until well mixed and warm
5. With a spoon, rub caramel all around the inside of your mugs
6. Pour in your hot chocolate (I find it easiest and cleanest to do this with a funnel)
7. Garnish with whipped cream, grated chocolate and caramel

And thennn I spent the rest of the evening wallowing in self pity with a hot water bottle, a frightening amount of tissues... the dressing gown returned. Obviously, I was really attractive. But hey, my friend Oliver showed me a pretty fabby song. So I can't complain.




No comments :

Post a Comment